some walk with Tosha in one of my fav places in Melbourne: at the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria - there are new paths along the ponds just built recently which reflect the Indigenous Australian culture and history.. Tosha was more interested in ducks and their ducklings though who went absolutely berserk seeing such a scary animal as a moodle... they must have been incredibly tasty because Tosha was all over them and then he camouflaged himself with so much dirt and filth that he was not allowed to drive our car and was forced to have a bath at home. I have to admit that bathed Tosha looks better that the same puppy unwashed... Tosha must be upset now - the ducks can see him ... he sends his best shampooed regards to everyone! Yoshi Lis
To the East just over the Dandenong ranges, lies the Tesselaar Tulip Festival. Fields of tulips offer a veritable feast for the eyes.
Visual stimulation isn’t all the festival provides – there is a pavilion full of Dutch and Turkish food stalls; paying homage to the diverse history of the Tulip.
There’s tractor rides through the fields as well as traditional Dutch games such as ring toss and double Dutch jump rope, to keep the kids entertained whilst you enjoy a drink in the sun.
A U-Pick station allows you to bring a piece of the festival home with you, without damaging the beauty of the tulip fields; additionally there are flower, and clog shops.
A word of warning to those with hay fever – bring a Telfast!
WHAT'S ON FOR YOU THIS SPRING IN VICTORIA
Spring is finally here and most of you apart of having love thoughts in your heads keep thinking about gardening, flowers and what to grow in your now sunny backyard. On our gardening pages I would like to list today some events in Victoria related to this subject that will assist you to make the right decisions regarding planting and gardening this year
1. Horsham Spring Orchid Show When: 3-4 October 2015 Where: Horsham College Hall, Dimboola Rd,Horsham Cost: Free entry Details: This Show is perfect for tips for garden enthusiasts. The Show celebrates the diversity of orchids. The event includes orchid displays, demonstrations, guest speakers and much more...
2. Tesselaar Tulip Festival When: 10 September 2015- 6 October 2015 Where: Tesselaar Tulip Farm, 357 Monbulk Rd, Silvan Cost: Adults: $22, Concession: $18 & children under 16 free. Details: This festival is an unique annual event for the whole family to enjoy. The Festival will showcase the breathtaking beauty of over one million spring flowers in bloom, including over 500, 000 tulips and 100 different varieties. The festival will also feature 4 weeks of live entertainment, theme days, foods & wines, jazz & Irish song and plenty more. Dogs on leads are welcome. Click here for website.
3. Horsham Spring Garden Festival When: 9-11 October 2015 Where: Horsham Botanical Gardens, Firebrace St, Horsham Cost: Free entry Details: Every garden enthusiast is going to love this event. You will be able to learn to adopt practices to make the best of growing plants in changing climate. This three day festival will also feature exhibitors, flower arranging demonstrations, local entertainment, children activities, jumping castle, face painting and plenty more...
4. Horticultural & Gardening Festival When: 9- 11 October 2015 Where: Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Rd, Ascot Vale Cost: See website for ticket pricing and information Details: The event will showcase and feature plant sellers, florists, nurseries, tool suppliers, botanical art, sculpture, food & wine displays, cooking demonstrations, local produce, fruit & vegetable producers, kitchen gardens, community gardens, display gardens, children's gardening and plenty more... Click here for website.
5. Wimmera Geranium & Pelargonium Annual Show Where: 24-25 October 2015 Details: Angling Club Rooms, Sawyer Park, Dixon Drive, Horsham Cost: Free entry Details: This two day show will showcase varieties of Geraniums & Pelargoniums, guest speakers, demonstrations, purchases of plants and plenty more.
6. Alexandra & District Open Gardens Weekend When: 24-25 October 2015: 10am-4pm Where: Alexandra & District, Grant St, Alexandra Cost: Tickets: $ 4 per garden or $30 for all garden displays. Details: This award-winning event attracts garden enthusiasts from interstate and throughout Victoria! The event will showcase a broad selection of inspiring town and country gardens, stunning landscapes, garden displays, exotic trees and shrubs and plenty more.
7. Garden Designfest When: 12-13 November 2015: 10am-5pm Where: Various venues around Melbourne & Victoria – see website. Cost: Tickets: $8 single garden entry or $ 45 for all gardens Details: This event attracts visitors locally, interstate and internationally! The event includes every possible taste from family to formal, traditional to artistic and native to Hollywood garden designs. There will be a large variety of metropolitan gardens, guest speakers and designers.