ROLL UP ROLL UP - SILVERS CIRCUS IS OPEN IN MELBOURNE - WITH A BREATHTAKING NEW SHOW THAT WILL HAVE YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT
Silvers Circus has been on the road since January, performing to full houses in regional Victoria and South Australia and is now returning to Melbourne for a limited number of locations: • Burvale Hotel, Cnr Springvale Rd and Burwood Hwy, Nunawading 20 August to 14 September • Burnley Oval, 4 The Boulevard, Richmond 17 Sept to 12 Oct
Silvers Circus is a household name in Australia and after nearly three decades on the road maintains all the sparkle, glamour and death defying acts expected of Australia’s premier circus. Established in 1976, Silvers Circus provides world class family entertainment and fun. With extraordinary artists continually arriving from all parts of the world, Silvers are proud of the ever changing program they are able to Numerous exciting International acts will roll into town with Silvers Circus to perform a thrilling new show under the Big top. Featuring renowned Ringmaster and Master of Illusions Simon Tait, the 2 hour action packed
• NEW ACT!!! Wheel of Steel. Two young men with nerves of Steel, Dominik Gasser and Ramon Kathriner, run, jump, skip and flip through a routine of sheer physical ordacity, just as the apparatus they challenge defies description. Its wheels osolate and revolve from group level to dizzying heights. This spectacle will leave you chewing your nails and squirming in your seats! The Wheel of Steel.... (for strong constitutions only!!)
• The Globe of Death. The world famous Phoenix Riders speed around inside a 3-1/2 meter diameter metal globe on motorbikes, missing each other by mere millimetres.
• Hire Wire Act. It’s electrifying. Watch as the artist uses his talents to bravely step out into thin air on a silver wire thread high above the circus arena.
• Hoola Hoops. Up to 80 hoola hoops at once are managed while a balancing act is taking place upon a mobile
• Clowns. Expect the unexpected. This act is guaranteed to tickle the funny bone
• The Roman Rings. A very unique act which is performed with extreme strength and elegance. Little girls will be amazed by the beauty and grown men in awe of the control and physicality.
• Australia’s only football playing dogs. The incredible AFL playing footy dogs are the latest high impact sensation at Silvers Circus. Boxer dogs are the natural clowns and acrobat’s of the canine world and will bring tears of joy and gasps of entertainment from every member of the audience.
• Illusionist. Ringmaster Simon Tait has over 25 years’ experience in circus and will mesmerise the audience with his celebrated illusions and audience repour.and with many more world class acts, Silvers Circus is guaranteed to tap into the nostalgia we all hold for a unique
So Welcome to our world of spectacular family entertainment. There is no other circus like Silvers Circus. For all show details visit – www.silverscircus.com.au
The amazing Silver's Circus is now open at the Burvale in Nunawading. It is open until the 14th September and then it is off to Burney Oval from the 17th September. Our friends at Silver's Circus PR and Marketing management team are happy to offer tickets to either venue or even both, Silver's Circus has just toured right through regional Victoria and South Australia to full houses, it is a wonderful show! No animals (except their pet dogs playing AFL ), just quality acts! Everyone has been absolutely loving it. For show times and tickets
THE CLOWN MAY BE THE SOURCE OF MIRTH BUT WHO SHALL MAKE THE CLOWN LAUGH?
SLAVA SNOWSHOW IN AUSTRALIA 2013
SLAVA’S SNOWSHOWis a breathtaking spectacle of beautifully crafted comic images, restoring childish wonder in people of all ages. “The single most beautiful thing I have ever seen in a theatre in my life.” Simon Callow, Sunday Express, UKFollowing his sensational performance as part of Cirque du Soleil’s Alegria, Slava went on to create his own SLAVA’S SNOWSHOWwhich has become a multi award-winning international sensation, delighting and thrilling audiences in more than 120 cities around the world, from London’s West End to Sydney and from New York to Moscow.
SLAVA’S SNOWSHOW is a fusion of traditional and contemporary theatrical clowning arts. The show brilliantly creates a world of wonderment and fantasy that transports the audience to a joyous dream-like place, where a bed becomes a boat in a storm-tossed sea; a woman is wrapped in cellophane and becomes flowers in a vase; a child walks in amazement inside a bubble; Slava boards a train and then becomes the train, his chimney-pot hat billowing smoke; and a web of unspun cotton envelopes the audience.
The stunning finale sees a letter turn into snowflakes, and the flakes turn into a snowstorm, which whirls around the auditorium, leaving the audience ankle-deep in snow.
Our friends at Cavanagh PR agency are kindly giving Bohemian Rhapsody Club 4 double passes for season opening show in Melbourne Wednesday 17 July 2013. The value of this offer is $640. But wait... there is more to this... If you book your show for Thursday July 18 0730pm you will have a chance to meet with Slava's crew, take photos and have a chat with them. Please let me know when you book your tickets and I will pass your details to the Cavanagh PR and Marketing agency.
KEEP THE CIRCUS GOING INSIDE YOU, DON'T TAKE ANYTHING TOO SERIOUSLY IT'LL ALL WORK OUT IN THE END
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF CIRCUS ARTS AND 2013 PERFORMANCE: ONE FALSE MOVE
NICA’s second year artists perform in this original and fast-paced circus show that draws inspiration from the events and characters that inhabit the fictional world of the Film Noir genre.
Stylish, bold and contemporary, One False Move… is a quirky circus montage of dynamic aerial escapes, comic acrobatic chases, dangerous balancing feats and surreal characters. Vibrant and entertaining, the ensemble show cuts across different eras, events and styles to create suspenseful, playful circus. Suspect the unexpected!
The show is co-directed by Megan Jones and Meredith Kitchen. Jones is NICA’s Head of Performance Studies as well as a renowned actor, teacher and director. Kitchen is NICA’s dance teacher. As well as working as a teacher and choreographer Kitchen has performed with the Australian Dance Theatre, Dance North and more recently with the innovative French Compagnie Philippe Genty for twelve years.
Co- directed by Megan Jones and Meredith Kitchen.
The show runs for 90 minutes including a short interval.
Stylish, bold and contemporary, One False Move… is a quirky circus montage of dynamic aerial escapes, comic acrobatic chases and dangerous balancing feats. Inspired by the fictional world of the Film Noir genre, the 22 second year artists traverse different eras, events and styles to create suspenseful, playful circus. Suspect the unexpected!
NICA National Circus Centre 39 – 59 Green Street, Prahran
Adult $27 / Conc $22 / Child U16 $18 Family (2 adults & 2 children) $72 Groups (min 10) $20pp Primary & Secondary school groups (min 20) $15pp Bookings: www.nica.com.au
Our friends NICA are happy to offer our members and friends 2 double passes to the Thursday 11 April 7.30pm session. (The total value is $110)