Spiritual Aspects in Finding the Right Job by Natasha M
The times are tough now at the jobs market. I had two one year breaks between contracts before I found something reasonable - a solid 1 year contract at good company. Alex is looking for a contract now.
There is just a small simple exercise that we just made up with him when we were walking.
- find a quiet place at home
- you can put your relaxation music on or just listen to the music inside of you. Free your mind completely from anything else that bothers you by doing your meditation preparation routine. Leave expectations aside. Being in this state:
- visualize yourself at your new work place as if you are already there. see that vision not from a perspective where your work desk is located: close to the window, away from the window, seeing yourself drinking coffee with your colleagues, discussing your ideas, your work, your next steps in achieving your goals at work, but rather see it from a perspective of your soul (feelings) - create your feelings of abundance, pleasure, creativity, joy, full satisfaction, acceptance, motivation from your work your performance etc... Absorb the feeling to its core and let it go.
- say to yourself: I love my new job, I feel abundance, I feel that I am expressing myself to the highest of my abilities, I feel happy at my work place, I feel joy when I come to work
- act on it now: ask your friends, apply on appropriate websites, call your agents etc.
Not only you but the whole Universe is already working on it. If your belief and visualization is powerful enough your manifestation will come into place immediately: the agent you left your resume with 4 months ago will call the same moment and will offer you something you will not be able to refuse.
Are you job hunting for a long time now? Are you tired? Why not to set up a high goal?..
My question was: How does an Australian become the Governor General?
1. Get yourself recommended to the Queen by the Prime Minister. There doesn't seem to be any other criterion... the current one and the previous one are former state Governors, the one before that was Archbishop of Brisbane, the one before that was a High Court judge, the one before that was given the job as a kind of consolation prize for being forced out of the leadership of the Labor Party, the one before that was another judge, the one before that was a legal academic... so all we can say is that being a top lawyer helps.
The current salary is $394,000. By law it must be higher than the Chief Justice of the High Court's salary. The Governor General gets a generous pension on leaving the job.
2. There is no set criteria - you are asked, you dont apply. Best pathway is to be a state Governor. Previous Governors include the first female supreme court judge, Major General of the Army, Archbishops. Political affiliation is a negative - you cant have strong views on this (so being a member of a party would likely eliminate you from selection).