10 places where to meet your love The major question that is discussed between two girls: where to meet the guys? Would you expect the following answer: boxing match, good fishing places, golf clubs, hunting clubs or car show? Way no! May be you love cars, boxing or fishing? No again! Of course you will not meet him at the knitting classes although the possibility is always there... But let's be realistic and discuss the possible places where you can meet guys.
1. Office. Serious relationship usually start there - the stats say. You see each other every day. You see each other in different situations. If HE is not there in your company he could be working in the same building. One advice - if you see a person every day and you like HIM, say hello, start smiling - it is a good reason to start a new friendship.
2. Holiday. Even a very passive person manages to find new friends when holidaying. Some of them start even on the plane. You look at the world differently when you are on holidays. You become more open, more relaxed. But if you are active the possibility to meet someone triples - this is when you go on tours, to the beach and to see local attractions. Someone told me once that this sort of friendship and relationship do not last long - the reason for that is that your mood changes when you come back to the office and to your day to day duties, there is no more that "magic in the air" feeling; we start to forget how to be happy, how to smile with no reason and how to love life. Don't we all do it?
3. Tour. There are so many of them around: wine, gourmet tours, wild life and much much more.
4. Supermarket. This might be the most unromantic place on earth, but again according to stats lots of friendship starts there... Well, weekends much be an exception as most of the couples go shopping on these days - your chances will be close to zero. Well, choose some other days and if someone asks you: "Excuse me do you know how to prepare this meat?" do not rush to answer: "What am I - google search or something? Perhaps that nice man just wanted to start conversation with you... And please avoid wine departments and kids food - I believe you could guess why... Well, there are also sports shops for god sake... I believe it should be a perfect place to meet someone. You could have common interests there too.
5. Friends' party. This is the most common place to meet someone. Never refuse a party invite! They do not invite you? Just remind your friends that you will not refuse to join there party and you will be in. Or just organise your own party and invite friends and friends of friends - nothing could be easier! The chances of meeting someone will be doubled!
6. Big social event in the city, like Australia day, jazz festival or Sydney Myer music concert - there are so many choices. The rule here is your charming smile and your good mood.
7. Book store. Sounds awful... But there are lots of chances asking at the book shop the questions like: "I am looking for a present for my friend, she likes detective stories. Do you know what is the best book by this and this author...?" or "I was recommended to read Carl Jung. Do you know what is his best book?" - so you have a contact! And remember this: if man reads science fiction and fantasy it does not tell you who he is. You are allowed to read stupid magazines for women, right? But you could also read Marina Tsvetaeva before going to bed... Just avoid esoteric and theosophical books shelves - we are all nuts you know - we are the people who start teaching you how to live and we will be doing it for the rest of our lives... :o)
8. Gym. For real! The most innocent question to introduce yourself: "Are you coming here often?" and listen to his answer. Men are usually very proud about the achievements in gym.
9. Foreign language classes. If you still have not started this may be this is the time. I strongly believe that knowing more languages will make you stand apart from the crowd even when you are job hunting. Of course you should be keen to learn otherwise you will just waist your time. On the other side men will notice that you are not interested in languages but mainly in men - it will not look honest and genuine.
10. Singles party or internet singles sites. Of course you do not know who the person is by looking at his photo and reading his details online. Meeting in person can decide "yes" or "no".
For some reason we keep thinking that men should always take initiative. But he needs to feel like a hunter - give him some hints, start talking first - so he will... Happy dating!